What is AB 341?
In January 2012, Assembly Bill 341 (AB 341) was signed into law in California to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. AB 341, also called the “Mandatory Commercial Recycling Regulation,” requires businesses and multi-family residential dwellings of five units or more, that generate four or more cubic yards of commercial solid waste per week, to implement recycling programs. The regulatory approach to this legislation was designed to be extremely flexible.
The goal is to divert 75% of California's waste stream away from the landfill by the year 2020.
Business and Multi-Family Residential Recycling Requirements
All businesses or properties that generate more than four cubic yards of trash per week must comply.It is easy to get into compliance with these laws by doing any of the following:
- Contact Valley Vista Services at 714-380-5450 and set up weekly recycling services
- Return goods or products back to the distribution facility
- Donate or sell recyclable material (businesses will be responsible for submitting reports to the City to verify compliance with Mandatory Recycling laws)
- Report Form must be submitted to the City quarterly
- Mailed to:
Community Development Department
Attention: Recycling Coordinator
5275 Orange Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
- Emailed to: CypressRecycles@cypressca.org
Valley Vista Services of Orange County
The City of Cypress has an agreement with Valley Vista Services as our franchise waste hauler. They offer businesses programs to help reach our recycling goal. Programs include solid waste collection, mixed recycling collection, "B" Route program, waste audits, and more. For more information please visit Valley Vista Services. You can reach them by phone at 714-380-5450 and review their brochure on AB 341 here.