2019 Cypress Run - Saturday, July 27, 7:30 am
5K Run. 10K Run. 5K Walk.
OC California Race Series
Challenge yourself by finishing in consecutive order any combination of 5K/10K/Triathlon events in each of the cities of Cypress, Los Alamitos and Seal Beach to receive a unique and coveted medal! Print the pdf flyer with OC California Race Series details.
Location & General Directions
Cypress Civic Center, 5275 Orange Avenue. Located off the 405 and 91 freeways at Valley View Street, west on Orange Avenue. The Center is home to the Cypress City Hall, Council Chamber, Police Station and Library.
Parking - FREE!
Important: Arrive early! Parking will be available at the Cypress Civic Center, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Cypress High School.
There will be intermittent street closures from 2:30-9:30 am on Race Day to ensure the safety of all of our participants. The City of Cypress greatly appreciates your cooperation with this event. Intermittent controlled access may be allowed at the discretion of traffic control. Printable list of street closures.
- Orange Avenue from Grindlay Street to End of Civic Center (No through traffic) CLOSED FROM 3:00 A.M. TO 9:15 A.M.
- Orange Avenue from Grindlay Street to Moody Street (East) CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 9:00 A.M.
- Grindlay Street from Orange Avenue to Ball Road (North & South bound) CLOSED FROM 2:30 A.M. TO 8:45 A.M.
- Yorkshire via Hanover Drive from Walker Street. CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 8:45 A.M.
- Rome Avenue and Rome Street from Grindlay Street to Walker Street CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 7:45 A.M.
- Walker Street from Rome Avenue to Cerritos Avenue (Curb lane closed) CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 8:00 A.M.
- Cerritos Avenue from Walker Street to Denni Street (East & West bound) CLOSED FROM 6:00 TO 8:45 A.M.
- Lexington Drive from Cerritos to Katella Ave. (Partial closure) CLOSED FROM 6:00 AM TO 8:45 A.M.
- Enterprise Drive closed from north end to Katella Avenue (Partial closure) CLOSED FROM 6:00 TO 8:45 A.M.
- Denni Street from Cerritos Avenue to Orange Avenue (North & South bound) CLOSED FROM 6:00 TO 9:00 A.M.
- Marion Avenue from Denni Street to Julie Beth Street CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 9:00 A.M.
- Julie Beth Street from Marion Avenue to Myra Avenue CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 9:00 A.M.
- Myra Avenue from Julie Beth Street to Denni Street CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 9:00 A.M.
- Via Majorca from Denni Street to Ave Monterey to Via Norte to Via Entrada to Orange Ave. CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 9:00 A.M.
- Moody Street from Orange Avenue to Cerritos Ave. (North & South bound) CLOSED FROM 6:00 A.M. TO 9:00 A.M.
Schedule of Race Day Events
6:00-7:00 a.m: Check-in / Registration
6:15 am: Stretch Class by Stella Luna Yoga
7:00 am: 10K Run Start
7:30 am: 5K Run and 5K Walk Start
7:00-11:00 am: Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast
9:00 am-5:00 pm: Cypress Community Festival
Packet Pick-up & Registration
Friday, July 26 from 4:30-7:30 pm & Saturday, July 27 from 6:00 am-7:00 am at the Cypress Civic Center, 5275 Orange Avenue, Cypress.
Run: Early registration: $35 (postmarked by July 5)
Late registration: $45 (July 6- Race Day)
Walk: $30 (non-competitive, not timed & does not qualify for OC Race Series)
Prize MoneyTop 3 overall finishers in 10K for both male & female:
1st place $1,000 male/female
2nd place $500 male/female
3rd place $250 male/female