Council Member since 2014
Term Expires: November 2022
5275 Orange Avenue
P. O. Box 609
Cypress, CA 90630
Telephone: (714) 229-6699
Fax: (714) 229-6682
E-Mail Council Member Peat
Council Member Jon Peat is serving his second term on the Cypress City Council.
Council Member Peat holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration-Finance from California State University, Fullerton and a Masters of Business Administration Degree from California State University, Long Beach.
He recently retired after a 30 year career with Raytheon Company.
Council Member Peat is a Leader of the Cypress Champions Baseball program, President of the Cypress Boys & Girls Club, and is a member of the Rotary Club of Cypress. Additionally, he serves as a volunteer for the Champions Club special needs ministry and as an elder at SeaCoast Grace Church.
Council Member Peat is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
- City/Cypress School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- City/Anaheim Union High School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- Joint Communications Center Executive Board – Representative
- Joint Forces Training Base Cities Group
Council Member Peat, his wife Bonnie, and their son Michael have resided in Cypress since 1997.