Mayor Pro Tem since 2019
Term Expires: November 2020
5275 Orange Avenue
P. O. Box 609
Cypress, CA 90630
Telephone: (714) 229-6699
Fax: (714) 229-6682
E-Mail Mayor Pro Tem Yarc
Mayor Pro Tem Mariellen Yarc is serving her second term on the Cypress City Council. During her first term on the City Council, she has also served as Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem.
Mayor Pro Tem holds a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from the University of California Los Angeles and a Juris Doctorate Degree from Southwestern University of Law. She recently retired after a 30 year career as a Family Law Attorney.
Mayor Pro Tem is an active member of the Woman’s Club of Cypress and the Cypress Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, she has volunteered her time to various charities and was formerly a Commissioner for both the Cypress Recreation & Community Services Commission and the Senior Citizens Commission.
Mayor Pro Tem Yarc is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation, and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
- City/Cypress College Ad Hoc Committee
- Orange County Sanitation District – Representative
- Orange County Library Advisory Board – Alternate
- Orange County City Selection Committee – Alternate
- Orange County Council of Governments General Assembly – Alternate
- Southern California Association of Governments General Assembly Delegates – Representative
- League of California Cities Orange County Division – Alternate
- League of California Cities Legislative Delegate Program - Alternate
Mayor Pro Tem Yarc and her husband Paul Lussman have resided in Cypress since 1989.