Volunteer Service Award Nomination Form 2018
1. The award shall be granted to a Cypress resident or group consisting primarily of Cypress residents. This is an annual award, but it need not be awarded unless the Commission finds a deserving and qualified recipient.
2. The Commission may grant one award annually to an individual or group and is presented in recognition of exceptional volunteer service to Cypress recreation, athletic, and community programs including a donation of time, personal efforts, and diligent service to the community.
3. Each nomination must be made within this nomination form outlining the nominee's accomplishments and related activities.
1. The Recreation and Community Services Commission shall make the award selection.
2. Selection will be based solely on this application; letters of recommendation are encouraged.
3. The Commission, staff members, residents of the City of Cypress, sports leagues, and recreation organizations may submit nominations.
4. The Commission shall attempt to recognize a nominee who has donated multiple years of service, time, and efforts largely without recognition.
5. If you have any questions, please contact the Cypress Recreation and Community Services Department at (714) 229-6780.
Application must be received by Friday, March 2, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
Applications not submitted by the nomination deadline will not be considered.
A pdf version of the application is available to print, fill out, and mail or deliver to:
Cypress Recreation and Community Services Department
5700 Orange Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630
or FAX to 714-229-6798
The Recreation and Community Services Commission will recognize the Volunteer Service Award recipient on Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 6:30 p.m. at the Cypress Community Center, 5700 Orange Avenue.