Mayor Since December 2017
Term Expires: November 2018
5275 Orange Avenue
P. O. Box 609
Cypress, CA 90630
Telephone: (714) 229-6699
Fax: (714) 229-6682
E-Mail Mayor Peat
Mayor Jon Peat is serving his first term on the Cypress City Council.
Mayor Peat holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration-Finance from California State University, Fullerton and a Masters of Business Administration Degree from California State University, Long Beach.
He recently retired after a 30 year career with Raytheon Company.
Mayor Peat is Leader of the Cypress Champions Baseball program and is a member of the Rotary Club of Cypress. Additionally, he serves as a volunteer for the Champions Club special needs ministry and as an elder at SeaCoast Grace Church.
Mayor Peat is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
- City/Cypress School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- City/Anaheim Union High School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- Joint Communications Center Executive Board – Representative
- Joint Forces Training Base Cities Group
- League of California Cities Orange County Division – Representative
- League of California Cities Legislative Delegate Program – Representative
- Orange County City Selection Committee – Representative
- Orange County Council of Governments – General Assembly – Representative
- Southern California Association of Governments – General Assembly Delegates – Representative
Mayor Peat, his wife Bonnie, and their son Michael have resided in Cypress since 1997.